A note of explanation about the team presentations: the team presentations are planned and executed without the advisors help. An impartial team advisor will be assigned to each team. Students will have to turn in their phones when going into planning time and when coming out of planning time they have to turn in their prep materials (notes, papers, posters).
And just as a housekeeping reminder, any teacher bringing a team receives a stipend. All teachers, even those not bringing a team, receive reimbursement for mileage and their school can reimburse the cost of a substitute.
Below is the first draft of the Envirothon schedule. I’m interested in feeback and suggestions from teachers and students.
All events start at the Oahe Downstream Lodge.
Teams arrive, check into lodging, team pictures
- 10:00AM Oahe Downstream .Lodge available. Skill reviewers set up.
- 1:00PM – 3:30PM Skills review.
- 3:45PM – 5:15PM Presentation on sustainable range management from experts.
- 5:30PM – 6:30PM Team presentation planning (no advisors, no phones, team buddies collect planning materials)
- 6:30PM – 9:00PM Cookout and cruise on Capital City Queen
- 9:00PM – Suggestions? After hours Discovery Center trip? Games? Skits? YMCA time? Zesto trip? (If you are in Pierre, you have to do Zesto)
- 11PM – Lights out
- 7:00-8:00AM breakfast at the Lodge
- 8:00AM Testing stations set up.
- 8:15AM All Team Meeting. Go to first station to start competition right at 9AM.
- 9:00-9:45 Station 1
- 9:55 – 10:40 Station 2
- 10:50 – 11:35 Station 3
- 11:45 – 12:30 Station 4
- 12:30 – 1:00 Lunch and start presentation planning
- 1:00 – 3:00 Current issue presentation planning
- 2:00PM – Current Issue presentation judges report to Oahe Downstream Lodge
- 3:00 – 3:35 Current issue presentation, presentations are 15 minutes each (we will need 2 sets of judges)
- 4:00 Announce scores.